Tax Policy – Watch: Economic Recovery After Coronavirus
So far, the federal government has focused on short-term policies to stem the spread of COVID-19 and provide immediate tax relief to struggling individuals and businesses.
Now, policymakers will need to consider long-term, pro-growth, and sustainable tax policies to help ensure a strong economic recovery.
This new task raises a host of new questions:
- What challenges should we expect to face as the U.S. economy begins to re-open?
- What are the best tax policies to encourage a smooth transition and strong economic recovery?
- How should goals of economic recovery and growth be balanced with revenue needs?
- How can policymakers improve the U.S. tax system so that it’s better prepared to deal with future crises?
For answers to these questions and others, our exclusive webinar discussion features keynote speaker Congressman Jodey Arrington (R-TX), member of the House Ways and Means Committee, and a panel with several of today’s leading tax and economics experts:
- Karl Smith, Tax Foundation Vice President of Federal Tax and Economic Policy
- Garrett Watson, Tax Foundation Senior Policy Analyst
- Ben Ritz, Progressive Policy Institute Director of the Center for Funding America’s Future
For more information on the coronavirus crisis and what it means for tax policy across the country and throughout the world, visit our COVID-19 resource center.
If you are new to the Tax Foundation’s work, you can learn more about who we are and what we do here. You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter and support our work here.
Check out our other recent tax discussions:
Source: Tax Policy – Watch: Economic Recovery After Coronavirus